Good news everyone!
New episodes for my YouTube channel are coming! Five of them are already done and being prepared for publishing.
So I decided to share my plans with you.
Let me start with kinda bad news: I will not continue my React & Redux series. The problem with actual-development-style screencasts is that with each episode we'll dig into grind of tasks that must be done in real world, but bring almost no educational value. After several months of procrastination on the series I realised that I need to end it and change the format of future episodes.
Episodes from now on will be posted twice a week on Tuesdays and Fridays. First episode from new bunch will go out tomorrow (11th of November).
Here is the list of ideas for nearest mini-series in no specific order:
- CRUD with Redux
- Authentication with JWT
- Passwordless authentication
- Working with forms
- Redux Form package
- React Router v4
- Redux: Normalization
- Redux: Using selectors
- Testing React Components with Jest
- Testing Express API
Also I'm getting quite a lot of questions about editors, so I'm considering to create series on two of my favourite editors: Vim and Atom. Let me know if you're interested in these topics.
I changed the way I record screencasts. It results in smoother narrative and shortens length of an episode pretty significantly, while delivering the same information. I'm still experimenting with process but I'm quite happy with the result.
Another pretty big change I want to introduce: text version blog posts for each episode. Can't promise this yet, but the idea is to release text version of each episode in blog post format in 3-4 days after video is released.
Other stuff worth mentioning:
- I migrated back to Ghost blogging platform and tweaked default theme a little bit. Hope you like it.
- Blog comments will get priority over Youtube comments. I hate Youtube comments system - it's very bad for any kind of serious discussions, especially when code is involved. So if you want to ask questions it's better to do it here.
- Blog has RSS, so please subscribe to get updates in your news reader.
Thank you very much for your time and let me know what you think in comments below.